Rehabilitation Psychology International Exchange Program: A collaborative partnership between the Rehabilitation Psychology divisions of the Israel Psychological Association and American Psychological Association Handbook available here.
Webinar signup for a presentation by Alex Moroz, MD - Vice chair of Education & Training, Rusk Rehabilitation available here.
Division 22 President, Lisa A. Brenner, PhD, discusses the State of the Division at the 19th Annual Rehabilitation Psychology Conference in Albuquerque, NM. View Dr. Brenner's Presidential Address here.
APA President, Antonio Puente, PhD, presented Division 22 with a Presidential Citation at the 19th Annual Rehabilitation Psychology Conference in Albuquerque, NM. View Dr. Puente's Key-Note Address here.
Dr. Beatrice Wright, a founder of Division 22, will be the recipient of the 2016 American Psychological Foundation's (APF) Gold Medal Award for Life Achievement in Psychology in the Public Interest. Dr. Wright is a distinguished scholar, teacher, and practitioner who champions the social and psychological needs of people with disabilities, working tirelessly to improve the practice and mission of rehabilitation psychology. Read the full story here.
Angela Kuemmel, PhD, is featured in the March edition of The Monitor on Psychology's Adventures in Integrated Care series where she highlights the important role rehabilitation psychologists play in healthcare and how our training - focused on team consultation and communication with those outside of our discipline - make us uniquely poised to work in integrated care models.
Timothy R. Elliott, PhD speaks with Rehabilitation Psychology editor Stephen T. Wegener, PhD about resilience, traumatic brain injury, depression, & post-traumatic stress in Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans in a project conducted by Sandra B. Morissette and her research team at the VA VISN 17 Center of Excellence for Research on Returning War Veterans, Central Texas Veterans Health Care System in Waco, Texas. Listen to the full podcast here.
Reference: Elliott, T. R., Hsiao, Y. Y., Kimbrel, N., Meyer, E., DeBeer, B., Gulliver, S., Kwok, O. M., & Morisette, S. (2015). Resilience, traumatic brain injury, depression and posttraumatic stress among Iraq/Afghanistan war veterans. Rehabilitation Psychology, 60, 263-276.
- In response to The Hoffman Report, Division 22's Executive Committee drafted an open letter to APA Division of Rehabilitation Psychology Members and Affiliates. A copy of the letter was signed by Mary G. Brownsberger, PsyD, Kathleen Brown, PhD, and Gitendra Uswatte, PhD and was sent to our Representatives to Council and APA leadership.
- The APA Board of Directors engaged attorney David Hoffman of the law firm Sidley Austin in November 2014 to conduct an independent review of whether there was any factual support for the assertion that APA engaged in activity that would constitute collusion with the Bush Administration to promote, support, or facilitate the use of "enhanced" interrogation techniques by the United States in the ward on terror. The complete, unededited independent review can be found on APA's website. APA has invited comments on this page. Comments or feedback specifically related to Division 22 can be directed to Linda R. Mona, PhD.
- Angela Kuemmel, PhD was selected as the recipient of 2015 American Board of Professional Psychology Early Career Psychology Diversity Award. This award recognizes Dr. Kuemmel's commitment to the issues regarding diversity and multiculturalism. She will be presented with her award at the annual APA convention in Toronto.
- Check out the latest issue of the Spotlight on Disability Newsletter.
The Board of Directors of the American Board of Rehabilitation Psychology announces the following psychologists have passed all requirements for specialty certification in Rehabilitation Psychology:
- Kimberly Alfano, PhD, California
- Mark Alfano, PhD, California
- Elizabeth V. Horin, PhD, California
- Sara Howard, PhD, Virginia
This board certification attests to their excellence in meeting the advanced education, training, and professional standing established by the specialty, as well as examination by peers in the specialty attesting to the demonstration of practice in the specialty.
Congratulations to you and thank you for participating in the specialty certification process!