A Message from Division 22 President
Lisa A. Brenner, PhD
Transitions are important. This year, in addition to the transition to a new leadership team, we are transitioning as a Division in terms of our focus and goals.
- As many of you are aware, we are in the midst of a strategic planning process that this summer culminated in the adoption of new mission and vision statements (see here).
- Moreover, many members of the Division are involved in the identification of prioritized strategic goals that should guide our work in the years to come. If you have not been part of the strategic planning process, but would like to be – please email me. I am also happy to introduce Dominque Chao, University of Denver, Student Leadership Network Chapter Chair, who will be joining the Strategic Planning Team as a Co-Chair of the Strategic Planning Process.
- APA HUMAN RIGHTS SURVEY: PLEASE NOTE SHORT TIMELINE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2016 – FIRST THING (7 AM MT) - The American Psychological Association (APA) Board of Directors recently appointed a Task Force on Human Rights to provide strategic advice to the Association in its engagement in the promotion and protection of human rights. You can read more about APA’s human rights activities on our website here and here, and more about the Task Force charge and membership here. APA would like all Divisions to respond to 5 questions regarding Human Rights. As this is so integral to our work as Rehabilitation Psychologists – I would like to open up our response to the widest possible audience. One of our vision statements is: Champion disability as a human rights and social justice issue. You can respond to 5 questions at the this survey link and I will compile answers and send ahead.
- Jay Uomoto, Abby Hughes, Terri Price and many other Division 22ers are hard at work planning - Evidence-Based Collaborative Care in Rehabilitation Psychology 19TH ANNUAL REHABILITATION PSYCHOLOGY CONFERENCE ALBUQUERQUE, NM | FEBRUARY 17-19, 2017 Albuquerque Marriott | 2101 Louisiana Blvd NE | Albuquerque, NM 87110 for more information see here.
- Deadline for poster presentation submissions is October 3, 2016 11:59 (Pacific). Submit proposals to email@example.com. Please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Jay Uomoto, with questions.
- Finally, communication is key. I am hoping to hear from many of you this year about your hopes and vision for Division 22, as well as concerns. I also want to encourage you to get involved. PLEASE contact leadership if you have any questions or ideas. Social media is another way to see what is happening in 22: Division 22 feed @APADiv22 (Twitter) or liking and following APA Division 22 (Rehabilitation Psychology) on Facebook.
Lisa A. Brenner, PhD
President, Division of Rehabilitation Psychology